Friday, December 19, 2014

'Tis the Season for Performance

My Piano recital was Tuesday night.  I had fifteen students playing and I was very pleased with how everyone played.
I quite like all these kids.  They have been very patient and understanding over the last few months with the new baby during lessons.  I'm looking forward to the next several months now that Peter is much more manageable.
But I won't get to teach this lovely young lady in the new year.  Elinor and I have decided it is time for her to move on to a more advanced teacher starting in January.  I've loved watching her progress and look forward to seeing how far she will go.
I told another one of my advanced students it was time for her to move on as well.  So my number of students will be shrinking.
Here is a video of Elinor's performance.  She played "A Scene from Swan Lake" and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing."

Here is Faith playing "Down in the Valley" and "O Holy Night".  Faith improved so much since the last recital.  I was especially impressed with how musically she played "O Holy Night."

Faith is growing up, but she still has a really sweet, childlike voice that delights us.
Here is Cannon playing "Waltz Time" and "The First Noel."

Bethany had her violin recital a few days earlier up at the University of Utah.
She played beautifully, but I will warn you that the video is rather long.  Beautiful, but long.

Faith had her gymnastics recital Thursday night.
She is on the back row, second from the left.  Here's an interesting little tidbit.  The girl on the back row on the far right is the daughter of the last lady featured in Meet the Mormons, whose son goes on the mission.  The little girl is a friend of Faith's and they call themselves "Butter" and "Toast".
Here is the video of her performance.

Alright.  I think that's enough.  Thanks for watching  (if you watched).  And if you didn't, that is understandable.   It was a bit much.

No comments: