Friday, October 17, 2014

Sibling Love


In our family when we refer to the "the girls", it is usually these two that we mean.  Of course Faith is a girl as well, but she is so often hanging with the "little boys" (Cannon and George).  But these are "the girls".  They are best friends and as different in personality and temperament as you can imagine.  I am so proud of both of them and love their different talents and strengths. 
Bethany has been doing a lot of babysitting lately and has earned quite a bit of moolah.  She's divided up her saving, tithing, and spending money and that spending money has been burning a hole in her pocket.  She wanted to go shopping.  She asked Elinor to go with her, but Elinor wasn't so interested.  I offered to accompany her.  However, upon learning that I wanted to know where she wanted to go and what she wanted to buy rather than just wandering from store to store, I was deemed an unacceptable recreational shopping partner.  I was mildly offended, but I've recovered.  I suggested she find a friend, which she did and had a fun time shopping this afternoon. 
We've had a family of ducks visit us as of late.  I heard somewhere that is wasn't good for the ducks to feed them bread.  Oh, well.  Tell that to these fat ducks and happy children.  
This was the picture we used for Peter's little birth announcement.  He was two months on the 11th and had his two month check up and shots this past Wednesday.  He's healthy and growing-- up to 12 lbs. 13 oz. 
This picture is a little out of date already-- I can tell by Peter's skinny froggy legs.  They've already begun filling out and getting those marvelous chunky baby rolls.  But I found this picture of Cannon feeding Peter.  I suppose I expected my little girls to love babies, but I underestimated just how much Cannon and George would adore Peter.  They are constantly touching and kissing him.  Cannon wants so much to hold him and help with him. 
Here is the glory of the extended Fox family.  There are three of the older granddaughters missing from this picture this summer and Peter is still in my tummy.  I am very grateful for the example of my in-laws and appreciating and welcoming each member of the family.  I am also grateful for my wonderful sister-in-laws and their friendship and examples of motherhood to me over the years.

No comments: